cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat4000 Platform characteristics- Gigabit blocking

apostollic
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 12.1.20EW2 on SupIII..I have a 48 port GB-RJ card in it..I am dropping many packets that are TCP and seeing them re-transmitted..If I go to Sh platform cpu packet stat all..I see a Hardware CPUsubport drops..TXQUEUEnotavail..this is incrementing always.....Does anyone know if this is tied to the GIGABIT blocking arhcitecture of the 4448-GB-RJ...I can't see anything on the interfaces themselves dropping....

Packets Dropped In Hardware By CPU Subport (txQueueNotAvail)

CPU Subport TxQueue 0 TxQueue 1 TxQueue 2 TxQueue 3

------------ --------------- --------------- --------------- ---------------

0 0 0 0 161424183

here's what i mean...the drops are in TXQUEUE 3

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"Sh platform cpu packet stat all"is not related to the oversubscribed line card. Issue a "show interface gig x/y counters detail" command and see if the Rx-No-Pkt-Buff,RxPauseFrames and TxPauseFrames counters are incrementing. These would indicate if you are running into the oversubscription issue.

Hope this helps.

thats cool..but what is incrementing the TXQUEUENOT AVAIL on the show Platform page..it is showing that CPUsubport for TXQUEUE3 is dropping packets constantly...what does that relate to?

Hi

We may have an overscription problem as the 'Rx-No-Pkt-Buff' counters are incrementing on some interfaces. Have searched cisco.com but cannot find any information on this. Can you please send a link or more information explaining what the counters actually mean.

Thanks

Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: