Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Cat4006 and policy routing support.

I was surprised to learn that our Cat4006 (CAT4232-IN-M, Version 12.0(18)W5(22b)) doesn't support policy routing. (I don't know if the supervisor engine (WS-X40130 is a Sup-I or Sup-II. How can one tell?)

Is there any version of IOS that supports policy routing with this hardware?

Thanks,

Terry

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cat4006 and policy routing support.

You have a Supervisor 2 and a L3 blade in your 4006.

WS-X4012 is Sup1(works only in CAT4003)

4006 has support for the following 2 Supervisors

WS-X4013 is Sup2

WS-X4014 is Sup3

http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/hw_doc/mod_inst/01overvw.htm#xtocid217382

The 4232-L3 module does not support PBR and it is not on the road map. However the new Supervisor 3 which runs IOS will support PBR in an IOS release expected late this year/early 2003. Hope this helps

Bronze

Re: Cat4006 and policy routing support.

Thanks for the information. I have a CCS-on-a-stick configuration hanging off a 4006 and was hoping to have web traffic coming from the web servers (which are being firewalls) routed through the CSS (which is on its own VLAN). I've compensated for the lack of PBR support by running NAT on the CSS, but this isn't the way I wanted to do it. If anyone has ideas on how else to accomplish this, regardless of how unconventional, I'd love to hear them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content