cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT4006 went down

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

My switch went down twice this mroning, i was able to capture the following message

004 Feb 20 11:35:07 EST -05:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(6/1) - management request timed out.

2004 Feb 20 11:35:08 EST -05:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(2/6) - management request timed out.

Error exp says that SUP (SUPII) lost communication with the line card, I'm going replace the sup and the chassis, anyone has a suggestion if anything can be troubleshoot before an RMA?

3 Replies 3

bcbvale
Level 1
Level 1

RMA the sup is probably best bet but you can check the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00801c9221.shtml

bcbv

Hi

Thanks for the answer, i did the RMA on Friday the 20th. The link you send was very helpful in more understanding the error message.

Thanks.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is a all too common problem on the 4006 's . IT is a hardware problem on a lot of the supervisors that were produced , if you replace the supervisor the problem will go away . We have replaced literally dozens of 4006 supervisors with this problem .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: