Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CAT4006 went down

My switch went down twice this mroning, i was able to capture the following message

004 Feb 20 11:35:07 EST -05:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(6/1) - management request timed out.

2004 Feb 20 11:35:08 EST -05:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Astro(2/6) - management request timed out.

Error exp says that SUP (SUPII) lost communication with the line card, I'm going replace the sup and the chassis, anyone has a suggestion if anything can be troubleshoot before an RMA?

3 REPLIES

Re: CAT4006 went down

RMA the sup is probably best bet but you can check the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00801c9221.shtml

bcbv

Hi

Thanks for the answer, i did the RMA on Friday the 20th. The link you send was very helpful in more understanding the error message.

Thanks.

Purple

This is a all too common problem on the 4006 's . IT is a hardware problem on a lot of the supervisors that were produced , if you replace the supervisor the problem will go away . We have replaced literally dozens of 4006 supervisors with this problem .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content