Level 1
Level 1

I am totally confused about this switch I bought. My config is as follows

Supervisor II+ WS-X4013+

WS-X4232-GB-RJ

WS-X4232-RJ-XX

WS-X4232-RJ-XX

WS-X4148-RJ

I installed CiscoView 3, but can't see either of the 4232-RJ-XX modules.

From what I can gleam from the docs, I would have to control these modules using the build-in webserver on the Supv. engine or from the latest CAT4000

release.

My misunderstanding is that there is a CAT4500 Series Software Release 8.xGLX

and a then when I ran the Software Advisor, it recommended an image of

cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SG.

Why the two releases, CatOS and IOS? And will either of them actually let me see/control the X4232-RJ-XX modules?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

c.lemaire
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know Catalyst 4500 supervisor 2+ doesn't support CatOS. So your only option is to upgrade to IOS 12.2(25)SG. However I cannot assure you the module X4232-RJ-XX will be recognized by ciscoworks...

HTH

Regards,

Christophe

Please rate if it helps...

gmaccisco1
Level 1
Level 1

I added packages for CAT 4000 to my CiscoView by connection to CCO and after that all of my CAT switches were detected and seen.

By going to device manager and then Package support updater you can do this.just install ht epackages for the hardware in question and you should be fine.

hope this helps.

Thx,

Masood

This seems to be easy, but I am even having problems getting CiscoView embedded installed on my Catalyst.

It says that I HAVE to install it into the "cv" directory, but my flash card doesn't have a "cv" directory and I can't find a way to create one on a Class B flash device.

Thank you for the help, I will keep this in mind when I get it working.

I’m unfamiliar with Cisco View 3 implementation but I found this document on the web. Hopefully it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801609f4.html#wp1030265