Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cat4507R can't recongnize supervisor II plus, help

Hello,

I have a cat4507R with redundant supervisors (two Ws-X4013+). Now all STATUS LEDs stay off. the switch can't recognize the supervisors and line cards.

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: cat4507R can't recongnize supervisor II plus, help

Hello,

can you check if you are running the minimum required software ?

S4KL3-12119EW

Cisco IOS Software for Supervisor Engine II-Plus and IV; basic Layer 3 software image (RIP, static routes, IPX, AppleTalk)

Regards,

GP

Thanks for your response. I don't think I provided the details. At first, the switch worked well. Then I removed the supervisors from the slots separately to test the function of redundant supervisor. After that, the supervisors were disabled. I'm sure the supervisors are without any damage. I remembered maybe it run cat4500-IOS-12.1 software.

Cisco Employee

Can you console in and see what is going on. Sup2+ is supported from 12.1(19)EW

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/relnotes/ol_2170.htm#392226

Thanks for your response. I think I should give your the details. At first, the switch run well. then I removed Sup2+ separately to test if the redundant Sup worked well. after that the Sup2+s were disabled. I'm sure without any damage on Supervisors. Now, no information was showed from console.

Views
Helpful
Replies