Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cat6500 running out of NVRAM

Hi,

I got a Cat6509 which is running out of NVRAM. Other than upgrading the NVRAM, is there any other solution? I know that some routers allow to change the default storage area of the config file. Can this be done with Cat6509? If so, how can it be done?

Thanks

Enrique

5 REPLIES

Re: Cat6500 running out of NVRAM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the links and commands you mention are valid for IOS devices, but not for CatOS like Catalyst 6509.

Any other option? Is it posible to upgrade NVRAM? Is there any command like the ones you mentioned?

Thanks again,

Enrique

You didn't write that you are running CatOS (Hybrid) and you might as well be running IOS (Native).

Anyway, in CatOS the standard way of fixing this is by using text file config mode, where the config is stored in flash rather than NVRAM. Try 'set config mode text bootflash:myconfig.cfg'.

Remember that you'll have to do 'wr mem' whenever changing the config (yes, just like the routers).

-A

kvc

I have faced the same problem and done this configuration. And now my configuration is getting saved properly. But do i need to configure any startup parameters after this configuration? my concern is that when the switch startup, how it will recognise that the configuration is saved in flash in myconfig.cfg file !!!.

Dont know if the poster was using HA or not, but there might be an issue with that, right?

In a whitepaper it says:

"The NVRAM configuration of the active supervisor engine is also synchronized between the supervisor engines." (as with the image synchronization)

Does that include the text-mode config?

(I dont know)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content