Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6K Sup720 - PBR on specific interface

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

I'm trying to get PBR working for a specific interface (gi x/x) rather than a whole vlan.

I know this is possible on other platforms but i'm kinda stuck :(

Current version is....

12.2(18)SXF4

Any tips would be great!

Thanks

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, minimize the ACL will also lower the router's resource to process the ACL. i.e. hit the rule earlier.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

What I suggest if you have the hardware on hand, just try to enter the config, if it accept then there should be no problem.

If it can't, you may configure a dedicated VLAN for the GE then PBR to this VLAN is the same. You cannot PBR traffic to a trunk and even you PBR to a physical interface, it should be in access mode.

Hope this helps.

G'day,

It looks like I cant run it on a switchport :-( ...

It is currently setup via a vlan but I would have like a little extra granularity with hosts would be PBR'd without using ACL's.

Ohh well, ACL's it is then!

Thanks Jack!

CHeers

Andrew

You're welcome. If the traffic will be PBR'ed then it should be using ACL, otherwise, how do you determine which traffic is require to redirect ? ;)

yeah, I only wanted a single acl for each "application (tcp any eq 80 any)" to minimise the amount of acls..

Ohh well... one acl for each server will have to do!!

Yes, minimize the ACL will also lower the router's resource to process the ACL. i.e. hit the rule earlier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: