cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2948G and IMC media converter

carol-murray
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IMC 100 meg FO to TX media converter in a 12 port chassis. I have link on the fiber, but can not get a link on the copper that connects between the IMC converter to a Catalyst 2948G. The other 11 media converters in the chassis are working just fine. They are all 10 meg. The ports on the Catalyst are all set to 10 meg, except the port that I have the IMC connected to. I have that port set to 100MB. I have tried auto negotiate, half and full duplex and still no link on the copper. Just to get things up and going I put an 8 port unmanaged switch between the media converter and the catalyst. Everything is happy now.....except me. Any ideas what the problem could be? IMC tech support suggested that it was a code bug on the Catalyst????

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What were the settings on the unmanaged switch ? (port settings)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The unmanaged switch is an 8 port 10/100 Aopen SOHO switch. It is a plug and play switch with no settings available on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: