Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

iss

Catalyst 2950- Can it support Multi VLans

I need to know if 2950 can support Multi-Vlans. If no can you upgrade the IOS to support Multi-Vlans

4 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 2950- Can it support Multi VLans

Hi,

Yes it can.

Bit different from standard IOS and Set-based switches though. To configure your vlans from the command prompt enter

"vlan database"

this will take you into a sub-configuration mode. Type

"show current"

this will display the default vlan properties.

Use ? to see the vtp and vlan commands to configure new vlans as I can't remember off the top of my head !! Fairly straight forward though. Don't forget:

1. Type "apply" once you have configured the vlans, before exiting. If you just type "exit" the switch should auto apply but just to be sure....

2 To give the switch the IP default-gateway, pointing to the sub-interface address on the router-on -a-stick.

Hope this helps

Ali

No, 2950 does not support multi-vlan concept. it does support multiple vlans through vtp/vlan database.

But it doesn't support interfaces to configured for multi-vlan as in 29xx/35xx XL. You should be able to use Trunk to accomplish this. As far as I know, there is no plans to add that feature in any new software releases.

Sorry,

Obviously didn't quite grasp question!

Apologies

Ali

Sorry,

Obviously didn't quite grasp question!

Apologies

Ali

Views
Helpful