cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950C-24 Fiber Links

roman.skrczypek
Level 1
Level 1

We have some Catalyst 2950C-24 in our network. Some of them seem to have problems. Whenever I shut down a fiber interface the other side of the link doesn't recognize that and stays up. The same problem is with reloading the switches (no link down at the other side). The 2950C-24s are connected to Cat 6509s and Cat 4506s. It doesn't matter to wich Core-Switch they are linked. The problem only appears to some of the switches, the others are working properly. The IOS is the same on all switches (12.1(19)EA1a). Is there any idea.

2 Replies 2

blazesod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think you can set the link negotiation mode using CMSAD which may cure your link problem. Although, if the links are still look up maybe they were in blocking state from STP already and won't figure it out for a while (50 secs).

R/S

DAve

Hi Dave,

I can't set the link negotiation mode. There seem to be no options to configure these physical parameters.

regards

Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: