cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3500XL Switch - Hanging?

JeremyFelt
Level 1
Level 1

I reloaded the stock configuration onto my Cisco Catalyst 3500XL switch (WS-C3524-XL-EN), through the document titled "Recovering Catalyst Fixed Configuration Switches from a Corrupted or Missing Image". Having successfully transferred the image using, and issued the boot flash:c3500xl-120-5-wc15.bin command, the switch reports

Loading "flash:c3500xl-120-5-wc15.bin"... ###

File "flash:c3500xl-120-5-wc15.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

It's been hanging at executing for 1h 01m 33s. How long is this supposed to take?

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shouldn't stay at that point more 30-60 seconds , you have something else going on .

Any potential suggestions for a 'next step'?

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Why did you rename the image file in flash memory?

The initial xmodem upload failed, with the switch telling me that the filename provided was too long (max length 45 characters). When I recounted, it wasn't, but I figured that the switch knew more than I did at that point, so I shortened the filename. I did attempt a second time with the original image name, and the upload failed again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: