Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Catalyst 3512XL problem.

Hi.

I've got this switch running on

IOS (tm) C3500xl Software (C3500xl-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

On boot-up I get

POST FAILED: FastEthernet0/11 failed front-end loopback test. The port 11 led is amber and I don't get any input data on that port and isn't able to contact anyother nodes or hosts on the network using standard cat5 cable or crossover..

I'm thinking, if it was the ethernet-controller which was damaged 4 ports should be damaged. Now when it's only one port reporting a POST-failure I'm thinking what might be broken except the controller. Some resistanor or fuse that is the problem? If so it might be servicable on-site. I've tried resetting the configuration and replacing the IOS.

Anything servicable or able to bypass on the hardware-side or by commands? Or you think this is an RMA case?

Not that big problem so I'm not sure if I'll bother spending more money at it..

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Catalyst 3512XL problem.

It's a hardware failure. Cisco does not replace individual components. Hence the switch will need to be RMAed

Re: Catalyst 3512XL problem.

Curios. Any idea what mighte be causing the problem? If it's due to an ESD what might've been damaged on the way?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content