Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 3548 bw utilization

As the title states I have a Catalyst 3548 switch that I suspect is bogging down. In the middle of the day I will change the mode to utilization and the LED's are green to about port 30 and amber the rest of the way up. I haven't been able to find out what this means. If anyone has a link that explains it I would appreciate it.

I do however assume that this is not good. The ports on the swithc are all being utilized some by generic switches or hubs. I would like to get another 24 port Cisco switch and connect it to this one. I was looking at the 2950C-24. It has the 1000 base FX ports and I am assuming that I can get a GBIC for my 3548 and connect the two that way. If this is incorrect or anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Catalyst 3548 bw utilization

Here is a page on CCO which talks about LED status in utilization mode in a Cat3548XL

http://cio.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xu/3500ig/35overvu.htm#14870

Regards,

-Prashanth

Views
Helpful
Replies