Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 3750 not booting

I have TFTP'd the bin file from my PC into flash...i did a boot system flash:Image name.bin, write memory and reload...when the switch reloads it loads about half of the image and then says error loading image and i get the switch: prompt...if i do a dir flash: the image is there...thinking it was a bad imagine i redownloaded and retransfered the file..still same thing..i checked the md5 checksum and the image is fine...any ideas?

7 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 3750 not booting

Does the switch have sufficient memory to run the new image?

Sundar

Sundar

Yes the switch has enough memory...i have dual images on the switch SEB4 and SEB2....SEB4 will boot fine....SEB2 boots half way then errors. Any ideas

Thanks

what kind of errors? can you post dir flash:? And have you tired booting it from switch:?

a dir flash results in

seeing

c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEB2.bin (the one im trying to boot)

c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEB4 (this is the directory for the bin file)

i have tried booting the SEB2.bin file from the switch: prompt and i get the same thing....you can see it loading...it gets about half loaded and then it stops and says error loading file flash:c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEB2.bin

any ideas? TIA

Is there anyway you can copy and paste the message from the console when it was booting up?

Sundar

I had the same problem, it turned out to be a bug in the version of code I was using.

was the buggy version 12.2.25(SEB2) ???

Views
Helpful
Replies