Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 3750 Recovery

I did a "copy running-config tftp" for all my switches. Now I need to replace a switch and put this config on a new switch. Can someone please tell me what the process would be? Is there a way to copy the config to a brand new swtich or does the new switch have to be setup first? Thanks for any information.

2 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 3750 Recovery

You can read the saved config using a wordpad or notepad and then copy it to the new switch via concole using the good old copy and paste, this way no need to set it up for network connectivity. Other than that, you need to configure the switch so that you can copy it from teh tftp location to it's running-config or start-up config.

Please rate all posts.

Re: Catalyst 3750 Recovery

That's correct assuming nothing in your old config needs to be changed. A good thing to do is before you turn it up into your production network, shut down the interfaces and no shut them after all your physical connections are made and stable.

Gary

Views
Helpful
Replies