Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 static route update delay

bertgroot-hulze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I update or remove a static route on the catalyst 3750, it takes somewhere between 1-10 minutes before the route becomes active on the workstations.

Is there a process that runs every x minutes which updates the table or am I just not seeing it? I would like to get the table updated right away.

running IOS (C3750-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB

thanks in advance - have a good weekend..

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you can verify the route is in the 3750s' route table, and the clients are usign the 3750 as the default gateway, then it's worth checking the cleint's route table...

If they're Windows do a

route print

And look for any references to the route (or supernets of the route) you've just added...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Changing the route on the 3750 should not take that long. It is instant on the switch side. Issue the command show ip route and check if the static route is installed in the routing table,

If you want to trigger an the update directly also you can issue the command " clear ip route *" This will flush the table and build it again.

Please rate if I could help,

Regards,

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

can you juz try to tracroute from your workstation to the destination network IP address, so that i will show the path how it is getting routed.

eg. ur windows ip 192.168.1.1

destination pc ip 10.2.1.1

tell me the path how it is getting reached.

bertgroot-hulze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses.

But this morning it worked as it should.

Still no idea why, but i'm gonna try to recreate the problem, solve it and post it as soon as i find it out.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: