cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750G-48-PS

donaldclark
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to deploy this switch because of the 32G stacking uplink. Has anyone experenced any down falls that this has over typical 1 gig stacking switches. This will be used instead of a 4506 with 3 48 port blades.

3 Replies 3

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Donald,

The 32Gbps stackring is perfect to consolidate access switches.

We have 52 wire-closets with 3 to 4 switches per stack.

In contrast to separate switches that have either two paths to the core or daisy-chained to adjacent switches, the 3750 stackwise solution offers switch processor failover. In case you have cascading cables in place the stack can bypass a failed switch in case of a failure.

Spanning-Tree is taken care of without additional configuration and reconverge in about the same time as it would with 1 Gig links - if not faster.

HTH

--Leon

* Please rate posts.

Thanks for the response, it was just what I was looking for

Hello,

I'm more or less in the same situation. I'm replacing older 3com switches with 3750G. I have a stack of 3750G-48PS in a wiring closet that needs to connect to 3 racks each having one 3750G-24PS in the datacenter. My question is how do I connect these together? Distance between closet and datacenter is 100ft and each rack is more than 3m apart so the StackWise cables are too short to connect all into one stack. In this case can I use SFP ports? If so do I connect in a closed loop, star, chained topology? Is there a Cisco documentation on how to connect stacks?

Appreciate any insight