cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4003 problem

ghenaprocop
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Catalyst 4003 running CatOS version 4.5(2).

When I type show module, I get that Switching Supervisor is faulty

Switching Supervisor WS-X4012 faulty

Other two modules are ok. Why?

When I type show system I get the Sys-Status as faulty.

Can anyone be of help?

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ghen,

When you do "sh mod" or "sh test" it returns the result of hardware if it is faulty or not and sup being faulty does not mean that other cards are also failing test.

So you can try reseating of sup once and if it fails again then you my need to replace the same.

Regards,

Ankur

So, as you said, I should reload the switch and see what will show me the sh mod? Is it right?

Does the sh test take a lot of overheat on the switch?

What command in CatOS give cpu loading on the switch?

Thank you.

Hi Ghen,

Yeah your sup is already showing you faulty so it means it is not functionaing fine so no harm in reloading but I will ask you to take the sup engine out and reseat it properly again and see what is the output of "sh mod" command.

Also when you issue "sh test" it is just a normal command like other commands so it will not generate any overheat.

You can issue a command "sh proc cpu" to check the cpu process on your switch.

HTH

Ankur

* Please rate all helpfull post

Ok. Thank you. I will try to do that.

sh proc cpu is the command for IOS based systems.

I need the command for CatOS based.

Thank's anyway.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have more than 1 power supply makes sure both or all 3 are working otherwise sup will show faulty. Make sure you have the diagnostics set as complete when booting , "set diag complete" .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco