Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 4006 and Passive Tap issue

I've been trying to connect a Finisar Passive tap (I've used the old Shomiti century taps and now the new UTP IL/1 tap) to a Firewall and my Catalyst 4006. The tap is advertised as being fault tolerant, but when I use it in conjunction with the 4006 I am getting delays of about 25-30 sec before my connection comes back after power is pulled from the tap. I've tried different configurations on the port (forcing full duplex, port fast enable/disenable, etc...), but I can't seem to drop the delay any lower. I need it to be 10 sec or less. The tap and firewall work fine when connected to a 6509, but the 4006 is giving me trouble. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 4006 and Passive Tap issue

Have you also made sure that trunking and channelling for that have been disabled? They are set to auto by default.

Re: Catalyst 4006 and Passive Tap issue

That is a great suggestion. I'm connecting to a VLAN, though, so my trunking is turned off, and channeling has been disabled.

Views
Helpful
Replies