cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4006 with Supervisor Engine II Multicast Support?

justin.shields
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Catalyst 4006 with Supervisor Engine II. I would like to know if it is possible to enable multicast routing via CGMP or IGMP. I know it is possible with the Supervisor Engine III. Any advice would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

justin.shields
Level 1
Level 1

I suppose I should qualify this more by saying that I need to know if this switch will support IGMP or CGMP with Pim Sparse or Dense mode.

justin.shields
Level 1
Level 1

And were running 12.0(7).

Justin,

If you are running IOS, then I take it that it is a SII+ WS-X4013+ rather than an SII WS-X4013. In that case, it should give you the same features as the SIII as far as multicast handling is concerned. However, I do not know about 12.0 on the SII+ - we use 12.2 EWA.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Cat4006 wiht sup II runs a CatOS and it's stricly Layer 2 therefore it does not support any kind of routing (L3). It does support multicast services. Switches can use CGMP, IGMP filtering, or GMRP to dynamically configure switch ports so that IP multicast traffic is forwarded only to ports that are associated with IP multicast hosts.

Please refer to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/8_3/configur/multi.htm#wp1019880

Please rate all posts.

Ok, so it turns out I have the WS-X4013 SupII with a WS-X4232-L3 Layer 3 Routing Module. So, Pim should work, yes?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: