Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 4507R support both hybrid and native mode

Does the Catalyst 4507R with SUP IV support both hybrid and native mode ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 4507R support both hybrid and native mode

Hi Doug

Please be more specific in the type of accessing that you would be requiring in the modes native and hybrid.

the following URL can add more value to your doubts I guess.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps1938/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800da81d.html

Thanks,

Vatsan

I'm not sure if you understood my question. With the new Catalyst chassis' that are capable of routing, you can configure them in either native mode or hybrid mode.

Native mode - One CatOS runs both the switching and routing functionality, like the 3550 interface.

Hybrid mode - CatOS controls the switching and a separate IOS to control all routing functionality (like the Cat5000 series)

I prefer hybrid mode, but from what I've read about the Cat4500 series switches I only hear mention of native mode :<(

Silver

I believe the 4507R is only supported in Native. Give it (Native) a chance. You'll end up liking it much more than Hybrid once you get used to it.

Hope this helps you,

Don

When you say you "believe", are sure? Is this documented somewhere? The reason why I'm asking, I'm looking for a replacement for my Cat5500 switches and would like to eval the 4507R if it fits my criteria.

As for giving native mode a chance...I'm pretty sure I could get used to it eventually (not much harder than configuring a 3550), but I would have to retrain staff (which costs money) once I migrated to a 4507R (and thats never fun) :<\

Views
Helpful
Replies