cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Catalyst 500G-12TS password/system time reset after reload

Hi,

Recently we installed our very first units of CE500G-12TS switches. All working fine except for this particular unit where after reload / power on-off, the system time resets back to factory settings. Even the created username and password is un-usable.But the other config remains unchanged (i.e. Smartport assignments, VLANS, etc).

All switches are running on 12.2(25)-FY IOS.

Anyone has this issue and managed to solve it ?

Thanks!

cheers,

GG

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Catalyst 500G-12TS password/system time reset after reload

Dear gmodecisco,

I'm thinking about this logically. If you have more that one unit but only one of them is behaving like this - that would suggest either a sw/hw issue with this device.

So, if the configuration are exactly the same and you will have verified that then that leaves us trying to figure out where this information is stored i.e. the time and the username/password combination. With regard to the time there must be a longlife battery on-board which keeps this in sync. If that battery is faulty the time will be lost after each reboot.

Since the battery is not FRU (Field Replaceable Unit), the unit is faulty and needs to be swapped (RMA's)

Can you confirm that NTP is not configured and the other same switches are keeping time information following reload pls?

hth

Ajaz Nawaz

Community Member

Re: Catalyst 500G-12TS password/system time reset after reload

Hi Ajaz,

All the switches are displaying the same characteristics after reboot, but only one is resetting the enable/telnet password. All other information is intact.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Gobu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content