Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 6000 MSFC IOS

Who will prompt where to find the documentation on this IOS? I found the documentation on native IOS. Has found the documentation on CatOS with small marks about MSFC IOS: interVLAN routing, Highavailability. But MSFC IOS does not concede on sizes Native IOS and thus does not support switching management and IOS SLB.

In what underlying reason?

3 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 6000 MSFC IOS

hybrid supports ASLB.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/confg_gd/aslb.htm

More information on supported features are here

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/confg_gd/index.htm

you can mostly configure many features available in regular IOS on the MSFC. you should refer IOS documentation for those features. Make sure it is supported on MSFC though :)

Yes, Hibrid support ASLB, but at layer 2 in CatOS, not in MSFC IOS. B.t.w. ASLB require LocalDirector, IOS SLB - not.

Idicated URL I know. But in most part is dedicated to CatOS, as I mentioned, and only few sections to MSFC IOS.

I know MSFC IOS is part of CISCO 12.1 IOS series.

But! Decompresed file of Native Desktop IOS 12.1(8b).E6 have 19.7Mb (I accentuate - with Layer 2 support and SLB).

Decompresed file of Desktop MSFC2 IOS 12.1(8b).E6 have 23.7Mb (pure Layer 3 IOS without SLB and other piles:-)

Dont't forget, hibrid model include CatOS. 6.3.3 version is aditionaly 8.8Mb. As is afirmed Native IOS support almost CatOS Layer 2 features (without VMPS, VACL, Voice features)

There is plans to have feature parity between native ios and hybrid systems in future native releases.

There could still be some differences ofcourse.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content