cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CatOS 7.6(2) and tacacs+ enable mode

scottmperry
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 6513 with CatOS 7.6(2), authenticating using tacacs+. Authentication works fine and I am pretty familiar with the configuration aspects of tacacs+. I am trying to allow users level 15 access upon being authenticated (this works fine on IOS), but it does not work on CatOS.

I can add the command "set authentication enable tacacs enable" or the command "set authorization enable enable tacacs none", but after successfully logging in (using tacacs), I am not in priviledged mode and if I type "enable", I then have to provide my tacacs+ password again in order to get to enable mode.

The tacacs+ server is configured to allow priviledge level 15 as well as tacacs+ enable. ACS version is (3.0.2.5)

Bottom line: Is there a way to have CatOS drop you into level 15 or enable mode after a successful authenication using tacacs+ ??

Thanks in advance.

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

r.crist
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

Try this. It worked for me on the 6500 platform (although with an older version of code):

set authentication login tacacs enable all primary

set authorization exec enable tacacs+ none both

Rich

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

r.crist
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

Try this. It worked for me on the 6500 platform (although with an older version of code):

set authentication login tacacs enable all primary

set authorization exec enable tacacs+ none both

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: