cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CATOS 8.4(x) versus 7.6(x)

clogwood
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CATOS 7.6.5 and need to upgrade to pickup SSH support. I can't determine the differences between CATOS versions 8.4(x) and 7.6(x) where x=release number.

I have 4006 with SUPII (X4013). Any suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CatOS 7.x doesn't work on everything.

Sup720s and Sup32s require CatOS 8.x

(if you opt to go hybrid)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have a CCO all that information is located in the relase notes for that particular release . This information is in the download code area on CCO. SSH is supported on most of the releases but you have to get crypto versions of the software , even 6.X versions support SSH if you get the correct one . If want to stay in the 7.6 train which is general deployment then the latest version is 7.6.15 and you need to get the K9 version of the software.

Thanks for your response Glen. The fact that the 7.6 train in the general deployment is what I was looking for.

If 7.6 is general deployment, what is the intent of train 8.4?

Regards,

Claude

CatOS 7.x doesn't work on everything.

Sup720s and Sup32s require CatOS 8.x

(if you opt to go hybrid)

All questions answered, thank you.

I would imagine that eventually that 8.X train will go GD . I also anticipate that 8.X train will be the last catos version we'll see as cisco is pushing everything to IOS , which is a shame because for layer 2 switching i just found catos a lot easier to use with the "set" based commands . This is just my opinion though . :-)

The last I heard CatOS 8.5(x) was slated to be GD quality code.