Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CatOS: Remove a etherchannel config

Hi,

I have a 6509 running CatOS 6.4. I want to remove those unnecessary port channel configuration entries from the configuration file or set them to default, so those entries won’t show up in my configure file. Especially there are some port channel configure entries having only one port in it. It doesn’t make sense to have the port channel configure staying there.

I know it’s easy in IOS. However in CatOS, I couldn’t achieve this goal. Setting port channel mode to off won’t help. I don’t want to delete the port channel entry from the configure file then upload again. Are there any other commands I could use to achieve this? Any comments are welcomed!

Thanks,

Ken

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CatOS: Remove a etherchannel config

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately, there is no elegant way to remove the superfluous 'set port channel' commands from the

config, so better leave it in.

If you really want to remove these unused port channels, you'll have to clear the config for the module, which is like trying to kill ants with a machine gun... :-)

HTH,

Bobby

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content