Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catos to Native

Folks,

I have a problem need some help.

I have 2 sup 720s. I is already running in the switch and running native. The other had gone bad and cisco replaced it. To my understanding the replacement from cisco came as a CAT0S. My question is how can i change the cisco replacement from CATOS to Native without bringing my switch down??

I am surely grade this post.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Catos to Native

Do you have a spare chassis ?

no, unfortunately not. Any ideas?

Cisco Employee

As stated above, you will need a nonproduction/spare chassis to perform the upgrade without causing any downtime on the production switch.

As an aside, if you are receiving an RMA for a supervisor on a Next Business Day turnaround, you can request a specific IOS image to be preloaded so that when it arrives, it will already be running Native IOS, as well as the specific revision you need.

The only exception is if you are running a crypto image. Due to federal regulations, we cannot preload a crypto image onto a device before shipping it out. But, we can at least ship it with a similar native image and at least save you that trouble.

I wish the TAC engineer would have told this to me. Now i have to drive 300 miles to my office, change the image and then bring it back. I specifically asked him if it was possible, and he said no. I think he got confussed as we have 4 hour turn around time.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Preloading code is only possible with a Next Business day delivery. For 4 hour replacements, we do not offer this, as it would be impossible to meet the SLA for delivery and code upgrades in almost all cases.

Views
Helpful
Replies