cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBWFQ - CQ Comparison

kkalaycioglu
Level 4
Level 4

In both CQ and CBWFQ we define traffic flows and assign relative bandwidth values to these flows. What is the difference of these two techniques in effect?

And second question: Documentation says that queueing techniques like CBWFQ doesn't come into play unless there's a congestion but this is not true for LLQ, it's always there. What can we say about CQ and PQ about this ? (I think PQ is like LLQ and always works, am I right?).

Regards.

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

As you pointed out that both CBWFQ and CQ do the same. I feel the only difference lies in how they work, queues and configuration. And also note that ANY queueing technique is designed for congestion management and avoidance. If there is no congestion, irrespective of which queueing you enabled on interface, it works like FIFO.

Hope this link helps...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_c/qcprt2/qcdconmg.htm#1001279

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: