Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CBWFQ direction

I' ve used this configuration on the serial but i got no lmitation on input traffic, passing throught the serial and router dont let me to set any input rule, neighter disabling the ougoing one.

Wath' s the matter?

Any can help!

class-map match-all Lan1

match input-interface ethernet 0/0

exit

class-map match-all Lan2

match input-interface fastethernet 2/1

exit

policy-map serialOUT

class Lan1

bandwidth percent 55

queue-limit 20

class Lan2

bandwidth percent 35

queue-limit 20

class class-default

fair queue

int serial 1/0

service-policy output serialOUT

max-reserved-bandwidth 90

Is this conf. correct?

4 REPLIES

Re: CBWFQ direction

CBWFQ,

Hello,

What do you mean by "router dont let me to set any input rule, neighter disabling the ougoing one" ?

Vlad

Simply, router doesn't write the input rule in runnning config.

Gold

You can't use the bandwidth statement to limit traffic for imput. This is a queing method and the router will only allow queing to be defined outbound.

You need to use the police statement to do what you want.

It is never very effecive to drop traffic after it has gotten to your router to protect a serial line. The damage is already done in that it has consumed the bandwidth already. It will have some effect on some traffic because of tcp slow start but you really need to apply your QoS outbound on the other end of the link

I want to set a dinamyc bandwidth limitation to assign a specified bandwith to each group of lan passing throught the serial in input and output.

Every group then could use more then the assigned bandiwdth if the other groups dont use their one.

I' ve already done a CAR but i seen its static.

How can i obtain this division?

Views
Helpful
Replies