Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CBWFQ - HELP PLS - My most serious post to this forum!

my head is about to explode.

(imagine its a 1Mbps cct)

I have to do the folloiwng

Users on a that share a serial line, should have the

following restrictions

:-

35% FTP Traffic

25% Telnet Traffic

30% Voice Traffic

So, If I am asked a question such as the above,

I should set the max-reseve-bandwidth to 90 on the interface, and configure the queing as such?

policy-map traffic

class voice

priority 300

class telnet

bandwidth 25

class ftp

bandwidth 35

now when I configure queueing and I have put the voice traffic into a strict LLQ, now my percentages change dont they?

ie, we now have only 700k to play with for CBWFQ (imagine its a 1Mbps cct) and PLEASE NOTE, that i cant seem to find a "priority percent" command for LLQ - I assume one does not exist, so you have to specify LLQ in Kbits only.

Is the 300k for voice correct, as I have calulated this as 30% of the total cct bandwidth, or should it be 30% of 900k as the max-reserved-bandwidth is set to 90.

Also, I dont now know if I should adjust my telnet and FTP percentages to 25% of 700k or 25% of 600k as is the remaining bandwidth total-bandwidth minus LLQ reserved BW or 90% of the bandwdith minum LLQ reserved BW or will this just be done automatically? and I just leave these alone?

I am just about to go jump in a lake :(

Many thx

Ken

2 REPLIES

Re: CBWFQ - HELP PLS - My most serious post to this forum!

The bandwidth you 'carve-up' should not exceed 75% of the total bandwidth available - for example if you have a 100Mb link then you can only define a policy that totals 75Mb. The LLQ is used in this calculation, so based on your requirements your policy won't work properly. The 75% rule assumes that some bandwidth is required for overhead traffic, such as routing and Layer 2 keepalives. You can change this setting on the link with the interface command 'max-reserved-bandwidth'.

I am running 12.2T on a router and the 'priority percent' command is available.

Andy

Re: CBWFQ - HELP PLS - My most serious post to this forum!

many thx indeed :)

Views
Helpful
Replies