Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCENT preparation

I'm preparing for the CCENT and wondered if anyone has some insight.  I want to write down the lists I need to memorize.  For example, well known port numbers.  I want to know which port numbers I need to memorize and not spend a lot of time memorizing a whole lot of port numbers that are not part of the exam as there are 1024 well known ports.  Some study guides recommend memorizing a whole lot of well known port numbers, others recommend memorizing only 10 or so - which might not be enough.    I want to separate the things I need to commit to memory like port numbers, administrative distances, configuration register codes - things that are just a list of numbers, from things like ios commands and analytical things.  The ios commands and analytical subjects I will learn by practice and study but for me they don't require as much focused energy in commiting to memory as lists of numbers and values.  Is there a good reference or links that condense "commit to memory" lists with this type of information for the CCENT? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Hi,When I was studying for my

Hi,

When I was studying for my ICND1 & 2, I very luckily stumbled on this site. It is a good revision site for both tests.

Hi, Learn these port numbers

Hi,

Learn these port numbers - http://www.cram.com/flashcards/ccent-common-port-numbers-2063156

Learn the administrative distances for: Directly Connected: 0, Static: 1, EIGRP: 90 & OSPF: 110.

Don't worry about config register codes for now. They are on ICND 2.

Can you subnet well? If i asked you to subnet 192.168.1.0/24 into 8 subnets, can you do it in 2 minutes? If you can't do that, you will struggle with the exam.

EDIT: Just noticed this post if from years ago!

Views
Helpful
Replies