Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA books

fernando_paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am in Australia and would like to know what a really really good (and practical) CCNA Training book/Exam book may be. If you know, could you please let me know then author and title or whatever you have about it. I have worked with comms before so I'd like to go through the books and sit the exam. Thanks for you advise in advance.

Fernando

3 Replies 3

strikeattack
Level 1
Level 1

As always, I recommend the Cisco Press books. The Cisco Press book entitled "Cisco CCNA Exam #650-507 Certification Guide" is VERY good. The ISBN number is 0-7357-0971-8.

Many people also seem to enjoy the Lammle books. I have not read his books personally, but they seem to be a favorite of many Cisco and Microsoft readers.

Most importantly, make sure the book you read references the new 640-507 exam AND NOT the 640-407 exam

mmoscoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can try also the CCNA Virtual Lab, Gold Edition; by Todd Lammle, William Tedder and Bill Tedder

it´s a book with a good simulator(CDROM).

Includes:

three 2500 series routers

one 2621 series router

two 1900 series Catalyst switch

four hosts

It´s a good option to practice without real equipment. 640-507 Exam

Mauricio

ditmas
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Press' ICND book by Steve McQuerry would be a wise choice as it is the genuine book for your CCNA study plus it starts you up right for your CCNP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco