Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CCNP Lab ~ Please help

Hi guys,

I have been searching and searching to put together a CCNP Lab whic I will also be using for CCNP Security (Not GNS3)

I have come accross tons of suggestions like :

But all these posts seems to be old like 2010.

Which routers and switches will i need, and which IOS will I need with them?

I have 2x  2620xm routers and 2x 3550 switches. Dont know which IOS versions to get...

Please help

CCNP Lab ~ Please help

Hi Kamrul,

This post:

...suggests the 12.4(xx)Tx IOS train will be sufficient combined with the 1841 router.

If you are unsure of what IOS versions you need check out: the features you are after and check that they are supported by your hardware, and if it is, what versions of IOS you will need.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

CCNP Lab ~ Please help

The current router entry level would be the ISR G2 - an 800 series or 1900 series with Security license woud be good.

The CCNP Security is completely different from CCNP Route/Switch. To cover the security bits you will need to have worked with ASA firewall and VPN in addition to securing routers (for which the link you posted and Seb's woud be fine). Lots of folks start with the ASA 5505 for CCNP security if they don't otherwise have opportunity to work with them in the course of their job.

You will also need a fair amount of IPS knowledge.

The official certification guide is a great place to start for all of the tests.

CreatePlease to create content