Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCNP Routing and Switching renewal

I am working overseas and will need to renew my CCNP Routing and Switching by next year, but wont have a lot of time to study. Can I simply take any of the three CCNP Routing and Switching tests(Route, Switch, or TSHOOT) to renew, or would I have to take all three. If not, will ANY CCNP level exam renew my CCNP even if I dont have the CCNA prerequisite?

Thanks for any insight you might provide..

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Troy, Passing ANY 642

Hi Troy,

Passing ANY 642 professional level exam (including any of the previous three CCNP exams) will re-certify your current CCNP (or any new 300 level exam)  :)

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCNP, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCSP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCIP, CCNP Service Provider, CCNP Service Provider Operations, and CCNP Data Center) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
  • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
  • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
  • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp/recert.html

Keep in mind that these exams are changing as of January 30, 2015;

CCNP Routing and Switching Exams and Training Courses v2.0 Refresh

The exams and training courses have been refreshed to reflect the alignment with changing industry job roles and the addition of new study materials.

Beginning January 30, 2015, 300-101 ROUTE300-115 SWITCH and 300-135 TSHOOTexams will be the only exams available for registration.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp/index.html

Cheers!

Rob

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Troy, Passing ANY 642

Hi Troy,

Passing ANY 642 professional level exam (including any of the previous three CCNP exams) will re-certify your current CCNP (or any new 300 level exam)  :)

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCNP, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCSP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCIP, CCNP Service Provider, CCNP Service Provider Operations, and CCNP Data Center) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
  • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
  • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
  • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp/recert.html

Keep in mind that these exams are changing as of January 30, 2015;

CCNP Routing and Switching Exams and Training Courses v2.0 Refresh

The exams and training courses have been refreshed to reflect the alignment with changing industry job roles and the addition of new study materials.

Beginning January 30, 2015, 300-101 ROUTE300-115 SWITCH and 300-135 TSHOOTexams will be the only exams available for registration.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp/index.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I saw that, but

Thanks Rob, I saw that, but was not sure if I could just retake the ROUTE exam and completely recertify my CCNP ROUTE AND SWITCH.

VceTests provides valid Cisco

VceTests provides valid Cisco 300-115 exam dumps that are verified by expert IT professionals. We have Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH ) 300-115 vce exam questions of CCNP with verified answers that can be of great help for students looking for Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH ) questions answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content