Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCP Causes Web Links to Fail

I get some pretty bizzare behavior when I run CCP.

First, everything seems to work OK. I have it set up to run in compatibility mode in IE 10. I also use admin privileges to launch it. It seems to push things out fine. So far, it doesn't hang or anything.

The problems are...

• While it's running, web links from other web pages and/or applications no longer function. That inculdes using the included help FAQs on the bottom of some pages, as well as links in emails received in Outlook 2013. Now the really weird part: Once I quit CCP, all those links seem to have been buffered and attempt to connect right away. (When I clicked on links multiple times -- not knowing why they weren't working -- after I quit CCP I got multiple browser tabs opened.)
  • CCP seems to remove the "terminal length" when I later telnet to the box. Before running CCP: sh run pauses every so many lines; after starting CCP, neither sh run nor any other output pauses. I have to issue the terminal length 24 (or whatever) command to get it to pause again.

Anybody else experience weird things like this when using CCP?

UPDATE: I had been using CCP with the unsecure settings. When I went in using secure settings both of these problems disappeared. I'll leave the discussion up so that perhaps anyone else with a similar problem will know that it's an anomaly, but not unheard of...

Regards,

jeremyNLSO
CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security

MCITP, MCTS
Berlin, Germany

Message was edited by: Noel Stanford Oveson

jeremyNLSO CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security MCITP, MCTS Berlin, Germany
Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content