cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CD One 5th Edition instalation on Solaris 2.6

ednei.iamaguti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I try to install CD One 5th Edition instalation on Solaris 2.6.

The server requirements is right, but i receive this message during the instalation:

INFO: performing prerequisite: CSCOhlpDM: /cdrom/cdrom0#1/packages/CSCOhlpDM/

INFO: Sufficient memory (RAM).

INFO: Sufficient swap space.

There is something wrong?

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

1) CD-One 5th Edition does not support Solaris 2.6 at all. It only supports Solaris 7 and 8

2) The above lines from the insall.log indicates that the problem is due to CSCdx87041. You can see the details and the workadound using CCO Bug Toolkit. A patch is also available via TAC.

Sorry, I'm trying to install on Solaris 7.

Then this is due to CSCdx87041. A patch is available via TAC.

Glad to see someone else was stumped by this one..

An easier fix than the patch and copying the whole CD down.. is to mv the psrinfo file out to a tmp directory or file name, which I'll call PSR_TMP. Then, create a sh script like this:

#!/bin/sh

echo `$PSR_TMP -v`

Essentially, the dumb shell script drops the extra arguments coming from the install script and returns *something* to the script. The original install script errors out if it doesn't receive a return value, rather than defaulting. By faking out the script, it defaults to a non-recommended processor, but continues the install.

When you're done with CD One, move the original psrinfo back into place, as the rest of the install scripts act appropriately.

The above should work, but the patch is much more easy to use :-)

THanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: