Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%CDP-4-DUPLEXMISMATCH:Full/half duplex mismatch detected

HAs anyone seen a problem when connecting a catalyst 4006 to a 3com corebuilder , when both ends are set to 100Meg Full duplex and are showing connected, I occasionally get the error message "%CDP-4-DUPLEXMISMATCH:Full/half duplex mismatch detected on port 3/33"

There are no errors being reported on the ports.

Is it due to CDP being enabled ?

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: %CDP-4-DUPLEXMISMATCH:Full/half duplex mismatch detected

The mismatch was caused by Switch port defaulting to half duplex because it sensed its Link Partner was no longer performing auto-negotiation.It is important to note that this message is created by the Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), not the 802.3 auto-negotiation protocol. CDP can report problems it discovers but it typically doesn't automatically fix them. Rememnber that CDP is a Cisco propietary protocol not supported by 3Com switches.

Have you got any other Cisco equipment connected to the 3Com switch? if you have then its possible that a CDP packet from this devices is being forwarded through the 3Com switch (due to it being a Multicast packet and the 3Com switch flooding it throughout the layer-2 network).

I have this also: I have a Catalyst 2900 connected to a 3Com switch on a 100Mb-full-duplex link, connected to the 3Com switch is a Cisco 2503 router; its Ethernet port at 10Mb-half-duplex, both Cisco devices report CDP/duplex mismatches due to thier CDP messages being forwarded by the 3Com switch.

Have you got any other Cisco equipment connected to the 3Com switch? if you have then its possible that a CDP packet from this devices is being forwarded through the 3Com switch (due to it being a Multicast packet and the 3Com switch flooding it throughout the layer-2 network).

I have this also: I have a Catalyst 2900 connected to a 3Com switch on a 100Mb-full-duplex link, connected to the 3Com switch is a Cisco 2503 router; its Ethernet port at 10Mb-half-duplex, both Cisco devices report CDP/duplex mismatches due to thier CDP messages being forwarded by the 3Com switch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content