Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CDP issues.

Hi,

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I have a router that is attached to a switch. The router is a 7200 vxr and the switch is a 5505.

When i issue the "show cdp neigh" command on the switch, i can see the router as a neighbor. When issuing the command on the router I can see the other neighbors but not this one switch.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Nick

5 REPLIES
Purple

Re: CDP issues.

Hi Nick,

Is this link working alright otherwise ? I'm just wondering whether it is a one-way link or something..

Paresh

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back. Have been away on business. I havent had a chance to look at this yet but will let you know the outcome in a few days.

Purple

Try doing a "clear interface " command for the link to switch is attached . Saw this just this morning on a 2600 and a 2948 switch and that fixed it , doesn't disrupt anything that I could tell . Have seen it more than once on different routers and switches . Obviously check to make sure cdp is not shutoff on one side or the other.

Thank you. I will give this a go when i get into work tomorrow.

make sure CDP is not shut off on that particular link.

Views
Helpful
Replies