Helpful
Replies

CE1 MODULE for TDM?

w.zhanghua
Level 1
Level 1

I have head office and 30 branch office in the country wide,

at the head office i have 2600 router,with CE1 module, i just want to know

if i apply a channel E1 (TDM )from the ISP, I can make 64K for every branch office? or i just buy Serial MODULE with wic card?

i know if i apply PRI E1 (isdn) from the ISP,this is no problem, right?

thank you in advanced

2 Replies 2

ckossmey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to break out channels for each remote site, then you'll have to do it on a "channelized" controller. What this means is doing the channel breakout on the CSU/DSU. A channelized controller has a built-in CSU/DSU, or you have have an external CSU/DSU, but it would also require 30 serial interfaces on the router, one for each remote site.

You probably don't want to do this with PRI, unless you want to have the remote sites dial via ISDN.

What is very common in North America is to buy T1/E1 frame-relay service at the head office and then fractional T1/E1 at the remotes.

You could also do it by breaking out channels with a channelized controller, but you will need a channelized E1 controller on the router.

Regards,

Clay

question1 :does the channnelized E1 controller is a hardware? the CE1 MODULE has this controller ?

question2:CISCO Said:"Channelized T1 and channelized E1 can be configured for ISDN PRI, synchronous serial, and asynchronous serial communications."

so if i order 1 E1 serial module (if it includes channnelized E1 controller),it would no problem?

question3: the cisco said:"7200 must have MIP Card to support channelized T1/E1. BUT 7200 have the CE1 MODULE,why need this card?