We have 2 CE500's that are interconnected by the 2 cables in the Gigabit ports for an IP Telephony solution. We ran into the following issues:
1) Unable to assign the server port to the voice vlan.
2) Switchports being blocked by STP.
3) Switches rebooting randomly.
4) Connectivity randomly dropping LAN.
I called TAC and was told to upgrade from version 12.(25)FY to 12.(25)SEG becuase there was an undocumented issue of a command in the FY version. The command "IP ARP INSPECT" is known to cause high CPU utilization and the switches to reboot when utilized in an IP Telephony solution. Upgrading seem to resolve this issue. I understand that the newer version also lets you put a server in the voice vlan although I have not attempted to do so.
The remaining 2 issues were that sometimes a port is blocked by STP for no apparent reason. Also, we noticed about every 8th ping dropping out when we were pinging the local gateway from the server. I removed the EtherChannel from the 2 Gigabit Etherchannel ports and the connectivity stabilized. There were no alerts and TAC did not have anything about the issue.
We have decided to remove the CE500's and put in a 3560. I post this in hopes that the information proves useful to someone else.
Thanks for providing this useful information. For STP, there should be looped somewhere else. For the GEC, I have no idea and you can try to increase the timeout to determine the ping is too long RTD or totally dropped.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...