Views
Helpful
Replies

CE500 with network assistant

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

hi

could you pls tell me why catalyst CE500 series just support 250 users not any more?

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

The Catalyst Express 500 series switches are intended to be an entry-level switching platform.

I don't believe that there is a hard limit of 250 users when using a network consisting of these switches. However, the idea behind saying that the switch is targeted to a network of up to 250 users is to provide an indication that a network with more than 250 users is likely to require more complex and advanced capabilities than the CE 500 series offers.

So, in a nutshell, your network will not stop operating the moment you add our 251st user..However, if you anticipate such a need, start considering the medium-level switch platforms...

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

thanks pkhatri

I know that we could not config CE500 with CLI command ,so we config these series with network assistant & this software is capable to support up to 250 users, I can't understand this.

could you pls explain me about this software?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco