Views
Helpful
Replies

CEF drop messages

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I m getting this statistics from my 7206 in which we hv enabled CEF.whts the meaning of this statistics ??

CEF Drop Statistics

Slot Encap_fail Unresolved Unsupported No_route No_adj ChkSum_Err

RP 1798888 109955 176 69005 0 0

CEF Drop Statistics

Slot Encap_fail Unresolved Unsupported No_route No_adj ChkSum_Err

RP 796152 1947 0 3155 0 0

Regds

prem

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope, there's no way to clear those counters that I've ever been able to find.... I just went searching around through the code, and although the data structures appear to be in place to be able to clear them, I don't see where you'd be able totype anything on the command line and actually be able to clear them.

Russ.W

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800881f8.html#17431

Or, if you happen to have access to the networkers presentations from a couple of years back, the ios troubleshooting session slides have some information on these, as well. I think we might have covered them, somewhat, in Advanced IP Network Design.

Russ.W

Hi russel

thks for the link..is ther any way to clear the stats ??or shuld i go for a reload ??

regds

prem

Nope, there's no way to clear those counters that I've ever been able to find.... I just went searching around through the code, and although the data structures appear to be in place to be able to clear them, I don't see where you'd be able totype anything on the command line and actually be able to clear them.

Russ.W

thks russel

regds