cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CEF load sharing behavior

Hi,Experts..

I understand that by default the CEF do load sharing based on source/destination pair. If two routers are connected through two leased lines while the CEF is turned on at both routers, in the event of one link is congested, will the packets still be sending through this link (cause latency)? Will the link load information trigger CEF to change the next hop to another link for this source/destination pair?

I understand MLPPP is the best solution in this case. However, just to check if CEF is able to make switching decision based on the link congestion info (i.e. link load). Any comments will be much appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: CEF load sharing behavior

Yes, CEF will continue sending traffic through this link--CEF doesn't load share based on link congestion. MLPPP, or using something like MPLS/TE to route around congested links, would be your only options.

:-)

Russ.W

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: CEF load sharing behavior

Yes, CEF will continue sending traffic through this link--CEF doesn't load share based on link congestion. MLPPP, or using something like MPLS/TE to route around congested links, would be your only options.

:-)

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content