Views
Helpful
Replies

certification query CCNA RS

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I want to give CCNA exam in routing -swithing but as per cisco site its not very clear that which exam need to be pass to get the certification for go ahead to CCNP

Please help as exams code i have mentioned below.

200-120= CCNAX-cost=$295

or

100-101=ICND1-cost=$150

200-101=ICND2-cost=$150

hari       

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad
4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It's simple: whether you do 1 exam and you get your CCNA  ot you pass 2 exams and you get your CCNA.

If you do the 2 exams track then when ICND1 is passed you are CCENT and you may pass any other CCNA specialization exam like Security or Voice or Wireless or Datacenter.

Even if you don't certify as CCNA you can pass all 3 CCNP  RS exams but you won't be CCNP certified until you are CCNA certified.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Cadet Alain,

Thanks for giving relevant information.

Actually I am Cisco Voice domain and as per above answer for doing CCNA voice i need to be a CCENT only no need to give ICND2. If i am right please confirm.

One more thing where i need your answer , if I directly go for  CCIE Voice, is there any prereqisites like CCNA and what is the validity for CCIE written exam, is it 3 years or i have to give immediately.

hari

Thanks, Hari Prasad

CCNA voice only requires CCENT:

Prerequisites

Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching or any Cisco CCIEcertification can act as a prerequisite.

There is no prereq for the CCIE voice but that exam will be retired on February 13, 2014.

Announcement

CCIE Voice will be retiring on February 13, 2014 and the new CCIE Collaboration will become the standard for telecom, unified communications, and video professionals.

The replacement is called CCIE collaboration. There is no prereq for that either. The written is valid for 3 years but you need to take the lab within 18 months.

Step One: CCIE Collaboration Written Exam

You must pass the two-hour, written qualification exam covering those technologies and applications that comprise a Cisco Enterprise Collaboration solution before you are eligible to schedule the lab exam.

Step Two: CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam

The eight-hour lab exam tests your ability to get the collaboration solution operating in a timed test situation. You must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18-months of passing the CCIE written exam. If you do not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, you must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.

So written is valid for 3 years but the first attempt must be within 18 months. When you are CCIE certified you need to recertify every 2 years by taking any expert level exam.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

Thnaks Daniel.

For giving perfect info.

hari

Thanks, Hari Prasad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: