cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change IP on switch

adagost
Level 1
Level 1

I have changed the IP on my switch and it is reflecting properly in the startup file. It is a 3548 catalyst switch. For some reason I cannot Ping or Telnet.

The default gateway and subnet is correct as well as the vlan #. The settings for telnet are correct. Ip was able to Telnet before I changed it to the new IP address. The switch is functioning properly with the workstations connected.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Please check the status of your interface vlan1, or what you are using. These interfaces are administratively down by default.

conf t

int vlan 1

no shut

end

wr

and you're back in business.

Thank you for your reply. This was not the situation. It is very strange that I can not get this to work.

How did you change the address? Just the host ip or did you change the subnet/mask also? Did you change the VLAN for management?

-Bo

Even though I had my Vlan1 management shutdown I still had to do the no shut on Vlan 3. It worked. Thank you very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: