Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change mac-address on Vlan

Hi!!

Is it possibly to change the mac-address on a vlan interface? When i use the command "(config-if) mac-address H.H.H" i change the mac-address for all the vlan interfaces. I´m using C6509 running native IOS

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Change mac-address on Vlan

No, it is not possible. As far as i know, it is an implementation restriction. But I do not see any real purpose to have them differently. Do you have any specific requirement? If so, can you explain in detail.

I'm not the originator of this thread but I've a need to change macs on VLANs on a 6509. I've a situation here where all the mac-addresses for all the VLANS (20 of them) on the 6509 are the same. I tried changing them and giving each VLAN a unique mac. Unfortunately, whatever mac I put in last becomes the mac for all the VLANS. I've talked others who've seen the same thing on 6509s and they were able to manually change the macs. I guess I may have to run this by TAC.

Hi,

I'm curious about this one. Can you explain in what situation you would need different macs for each Vlan interface, as the MACs are only significant in that VLAN.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content