Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change supervisor on Cat 4006

I have a Cat4006 with an old supII.

Now we have purchased a new Sup IV, to perform routing intervlan.

When I replace the old one, after saving configuration, what I need to do to make work the new one?

It's shipped with IOS and CatOS yet?

Or do I need to install operating system?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change supervisor on Cat 4006

The Catalyst OS to Cisco IOS Configuration Converter tool is your friend.

Youi can find it here:

www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/CatCfgConversion/catcfg_xlat.pl

"This tool is a Catalyst Operating System software (CatOS) configuration conversion tool, created to convert the CatOS configuration to the equivalent Cisco IOS command structure. Please click 'Help' for information regarding a few restrictions on this converter's capabilities that you should be aware of."

---Richard

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Daniele,

the Supervisor IV is shipped with the Cisco IOS basic Layer 3 software image (as a matter of fact, the Supervisor IV does not even support CatOS). The basic image supports a.o. RIP, static routes, IPX, AppleTalk. You can upgrade to the Cisco IOS enhanced Layer 3 software image, which supports a.o. OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, and IS-IS (the Cisco part number is S4KL3E-12113EW).

HTH,

Georg

Thanks Georg!

So, I replace old supII (catos) with new SupIV, and then I reconfigure all, is that right?

Is not possible to use Hybrid software? Like 6500? In this switch I use CatOS to configure switch and IOS to cnfigure router...

In any case, also with native IOS, are there two configuration modes, one for switch and one for router (session 15)??

Thanks, Daniele

The Catalyst OS to Cisco IOS Configuration Converter tool is your friend.

Youi can find it here:

www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/CatCfgConversion/catcfg_xlat.pl

"This tool is a Catalyst Operating System software (CatOS) configuration conversion tool, created to convert the CatOS configuration to the equivalent Cisco IOS command structure. Please click 'Help' for information regarding a few restrictions on this converter's capabilities that you should be aware of."

---Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies