Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing 3850 rommon from read-only to write?

The company I work for recently ordered Cat 3850s. I've configured a few of them and normally don't have any issues. However, every once in a while, I will fat-finger a password. Apart from me being more careful, I've found the 3850 rommon annoying when performing a Password-Recovery. I've done quite a bit of reading on the PW-Recovery steps for the 3850 and I don't understand why it doesn't behave like other switches (unless it deals with the image being linux based). So the problem I have is I would like to enable Password Recovery on a 3850, which by default is disabled. In order to enable Password Recovery, the switch cannot be in read-only mode, which is default again. So how do I get out of read-only mode on a 3850 in rommon?

Note: I've found a work around by having the switch boot up and ignore the startup config.

Thanks,

Daniel

2 REPLIES

So I'm guessing no one knows how to take a switch out of read-only mode in romon.

Purple

Hi Daniel,

Doesn't the RO in ROMON means Read-only ? It is the same for all cisco devices afaik.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies