Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

channel-group and ds0-group on same T1 controller

I need to configure a NM-HDV-2T1-48 in a 3661 with one port supporting a PRI to the local provider and the other port as a T1 CAS circuit with 12 channels for data (channel-group) and the other 12 as access trunks to the long distance carrier. I know previously, you could not have a ds0-group and channel-group on the same T1 controller but I have seen some documents that hinted this is now supported in 12.2. Is this the case? If so, are there any documents that show this type configuration? All the configs I saw that did not have to do with transparent CCS are tdm-group/ds0-group or tdm-group/channel-group. Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: channel-group and ds0-group on same T1 controller

I haven't seen any sample configs for this. AFAIK it still is not supported but I could be wrong. Check with tac but let me know what you come up with.

Re: channel-group and ds0-group on same T1 controller

FYI... I received this information from a Cisco SE:

Here is the info that you need;

Yes, you can do this as long as the VWIC is in an NM-HDV slot. This will NOT work in a 2600 WIC slot however.

You will use the pri-group and channel-group commands under the controller T1 x/x interface.

Oh I forgot, it looks like this has been do-able since 12.1.2XH. Here's another example of using, T1 CAS, 2 Data groups, and a PRI voice ds0 config.

Example:

controller T1 2/0

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-4 type e&m-wink-start

channel-group 5 timeslots 5-10

channel-group 6 timeslots 11-15

pri-group timeslots 16-20,24

Views
Helpful
Replies